The testing strategy of VTech is to apply the right mix of automated testing and inspection methods under the basic
objective of providing complete test coverage. The test engineers at VTech are well trained to develop cost
effective in-circuit testing and custom functional test systems to verify performance of products from PCBAs, sub-
assemblies to finished products.
In-Circuit Test, our ICT engineers are well trained to optimize the programming and fixture design for
solutions coming from Aglient, GrnRad and Teladyne. By reviewing the selection of key components, PCB layout and
the complexity of the PCBAs, VTech will make the recommendation on the choice of ICT solution.
Functional Test, as a full testing services provider, VTech’s Test Engineers apply advanced design tools to
custom design functional test systems with emphasis in the areas of reliability and measurement accuracy. VTech
will always come with functional testing solutions for products designed by the R&D team of VTech. For products
designed by the customers, starting from the product specification, our experienced engineer will identify the
required information and take the responsibility to develop testing solutions that can achieve comprehensive
ATE Development, our test engineers have the capability to automate functional tests via the ATE development.
Standard ATE solutions are routinely developed in house at VTech from development tools like Visual Basic, C/C+
+, LabView etc and are all considered as standard solutions.
- In Circuit Test
- Test plan development
- Design-For-Manufacture (DFM) evaluation.
- Net Analysis
- Test program development.
- Test fixture design – Pneumatic and Vacuum
- Pin contact test.
- Analog test - Shorts, Opens, Component
- Digital logic, Hybird, Cluster and ASCII test
- Power on/power on self test
- Functional test/Frequency test
- Advanced Boundary-Scan test
- Vectorless - Opens, Caps and Junction Xpress and TestJet
- Static and variable device programming - EEPROM, FLASH, CPLD, PIC
- Test Program Quality – Net and test components coverage, stability, reporting
- Test Program and Fixture Documentation
- buy off (evaluation) procedure before use.
- Functional Test
- Software development – Visual C++, VB, Labview, Teststand.
- Software design tools – Altium designer summer 10, Autocad, Solidwork.
- Test results & test data traceability.
- Instrument control via GPIB, RS-232, PCI/ISA
- Communication protocols. RS-232, RS-422, RS-485, I2C, USB, SPI, Firewire –
- Fixturing – Bottom & top probing, robust structure, actuation by pneumatic/vacuum/manual.
- Test program reuse via test sequence in script form.
- LED color detection.
- LCD driver signal measurement.
- Automatic visual recognition with camera.
- Stand alone boundary scan test using JTAG or Corelis
- Environmental stress screen. Static or dynamic burn in.
- Experienced product test development.
- HF RF transceiver,
- Audio mixer,
- 1500W audio power amplifier,
- Medical (small signal measurement)
- Medical (laser power measurement)
- uP based home appliance control box.